Thursday, August 25, 2011

Lake McConaughy

This weekend we went camping with some friends at Lake McConaughy, which is in Ogalalla, NE. For my second attempt camping, it went very well, thanks to Rikki and Charlie and their fifth wheel! :)

We headed out to Nebraska right after school on Friday. We got to Ogalalla around 630 and had dinner at McDonald's. Lucas said, Mommy, we don't eat at McDonald's. There's a Wendy's over there, we should just eat there. Now he only knows about Wendy's because we've taken them there for frosties.

Anyway, we got to camp around 7pm, and thanks to the Studebakers, our tent was already set up and air mattresses were blown up. The kids immediately ran off to play in the sand and water!

Lucas and Ally 


We made s'mores when it got dark and sent the kids off to bed around 9. Saturday morning, we had breakfast and went out on the boat with the Landers.
Eric knee boarding


Rikki and Eric did some knee boarding, Charlie did some wakeboarding, and I just watched. I really don't think I was made to be in a boat! LOL We came back in for some lunch and the kids just played from sun up til sun down!

Avery pulling Eric in the tubes



I had such a great time and the kids really enjoyed it also! I would do it again in a heartbeat! we'll definitely be back again next summer! :)

No comments: